FPD Citation Amount
For all other violation charges, or to set up a court date to dispute charges, please call 304.574.0255 within 10 DAYS of the citation.
- Expired MVI Violation $137
- Expired Operator Violation $137
- Expired Registration $137
- Seatbelt Violation (per adult) $25
- Handheld Device while Driving (1st offense) $100
- No Child Restraint Violation $105
- Speeding Violation $187
- Red Light Violation $187
- Stop Sign Violation $187
- Driving Without Headlights Violation $187
- No Insurance Violation $382
- Reckless Driving Violation $257
- Failure to Yield $257
- Defective Equipment Violation $137
- Failure to Obey Traffic Control Device $187
- Loud Muffler $137
- Driving Suspended or Revoked $272
- Failure to Maintain Control $257
- Public Intoxication $207
- Simple Possession $207
- Open Container $207
- Shoplifting – Must appear in court
Citation payments are due within 90 days of the citation date. You may make payments as long as it is paid in full within 90 days. If you need more than 90 days, an income-based payment plan can be arranged by filling out a financial affidavit, having it notarized and returned to our office within 90 days. The cost for filing the financial affidavit and requesting a payment plan is $25.
Payments can be made by mail, in our office or online. Certified checks, cash, money orders and personal checks are accepted. Any check returned for insufficient funds must be redeemed in cash and will be subject to a $30 processing fee. If paying by mail or in the office, please mark your plea on the back of the citation, sign and return it with your payment.
Credit/debit payments may be made through our third-party secure portal: xpress. We accept Visa, Mastercard, Discover and electronic checks. There is a fee for all payments made using this service. The fee is approximately 3 percent for debit/credit cards and a flat $2.50 for electronic checks.
If you would like to pay your citation online, please click the button below to leave our website and pay your citation through our secure server. Please make note of the fee associated with your citation, as you will be asked to enter that amount into the system. Paying your citation in this manner is an admission of guilt and points will be assessed on your driver’s license.